September 2011 Board Meeting Minutes
Board Members Present
- Deborah Hartness
- Dr. Albert A. Neal
- Joe Grant
- Dr. Harry Stille
- Dr. Andrew Johnson
- David Smith
Andrew Johnson called the meeting order. The agenda was presented for approval. The motion was made to accept the agenda, seconded, and approved. Dr. A. A. Neal presented a meditation relating forgiveness and patience with aggressive driving. He gave the invocation.
Minutes from the executive board meeting on June 25th were read and approved with a grammatical correction.
- The website is up and running. Deborah asked that members present items to be posted on the website near or after the executive board meetings. She would then send one batch of updates to Michael for the web. Bios and pictures should be sent straight to Michael. Deborah asked if Joe would condense the safety articles printed from the Greenville newspaper and send it to her to add to the website.
- An email has been sent to all members informing them of the website, the contest, and attaching an application for membership. It was decided that current members should also be contacted by US mail. Joe Grant agreed to mail out a membership letter to all current members. The secretary will forward the excel address information to the Joe. David called Michael Watkins and left a message asking if he would give instructions on how to create labels from a spreadsheet. Joe Sabbadino will contact all public schools with driving school by US mail. Joe Sabbadino will also contact Dr. Beyer about mailing addresses. Membership is $20 and the conference's early bird registration is $25 for a total of $45.
- David Smith presented a rough draft of the agenda. Door prizes were discussed. It was decided each board member would be responsible for obtaining a door prize. Joe Sabbadino reported that Dr. Beyers has approved continuing education units for teachers attending the conference. Andrew Johnson submitted a letter to solicit membership. Debbie Hartness will type it into the computer, submit it to Andrew for approval and forward to the Joes to send to colleagues.
- The Audit Review is still on-going. Harry Stille gave the treasurer's report. The association has $1471.62. All monies for association are done by check. Any cash payment made at the conference Harry puts into his personal account and writes one check to cover the total cash payment into the association's account. Harry stated currently his name is the only name on the account. The board decided that two signatures stating either/or need to be on the account. It was decided that beside the treasurer's signature, the president should be able to write checks in the treasurer's absence. Harry Stille has donated $100 for the laptop fund. The meeting was adjourned.
- John Pappas has been appointed by the president to fulfill Mike Templeton's unexpired term. A.A. Neal reported on the national conference in Hawaii. Next year's conference is in Appleton, Wisconsin.