The South Carolina Driver and Traffic Safety Education Association is a state association of instructors of driver and traffic safety education. It is comprised of representatives from both the public and private sectors. This association (SCDTSEA) was established as part of the American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Association (ADTSEA), and is an affiliate member of the ADTSEA.
Note: Until 1969 the association was called South Carolina Driver Education Teachers and Safety Association
The SCDTSEA supports and advances traffic safety and education among commercial and public driving schools. It's members work together to promote solutions and laws related to driver safety and education.
- Serve as spokesperson for driver & traffic safety education educators in South Carolina
- Advance the cause of driver & traffic safety education for all individuals
- Stimulate the general interest of all individuals in the total program of driver & traffic safety through a wide variety of informative resources
- Promote professional excellence along with the basic importance of the safety educator in the learning process
- Protect the rights of safety educators and advance their interests and welfare.
Types of Members
- State Supervisors of Safety Education
- University Professors
- Elementary and Secondary School Teachers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
- Commercial Driving School Teachers
- Police Traffic Safety Personnel
- Corporate Representatives
The SCDTSEA Board of Directors comprises a devoted and focused group of experienced leaders who are firmly committed to promoting driver and traffic safety to all sectors of the public and private industry. Their diversified backgrounds, from every facet of the driver and traffic safety industry, play an integral role in the overall success of the SCDTSEA. Click here to view individual bios for each officer.
A Brief History of SCDTSEA